Sunday, June 11, 2006

Inside me, it’s all darkness. Since the beginning, I have been cautiously avoiding these dark corners, covering them up, but they grew steadily bigger until they became alienated and turned into a cancer of the spirit. Since the beginning, this has been the reality of my writing.


I no longer feel ashamed or, to put it another way, I no longer feel shame in those moments of shame. I bite my nails, pick my nose, look down on the poor, tell lies to God, spit in public places, hug myself with pleasure, am narrow-minded, support war without taking part in it, fantasize about sex, am suspicious, block my ears to the song of the swan, no longer regard art as being a kind of gold . . . But this is not the sum total of the blackness I have inside me, and if I could bring myself to face it in its entirety, I know that it would suddenly transform into light!


INSIDE ME, IT'S ALL DARKNESS -
by DUO YU


Found atPoetry International

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home