Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I lost my place
In a double action
mixed anthropomorphized
metaphoric whoops
knowing what is
is knowing
what is is
is not seen
those few orginal
experiences
drove hard
into soft pockets
of flesh
lost in a cabinet
of song creatures
mocking accidental tourists
labor accquring
please please
place me in the
foot stone body
capable
beyond
the subjected subject
lost in
longer and longer
deferment
of arboreal ethnic
insufficiencies
where extenion phones
form births of forgetting
wedding and funerals
mourning and festivals
tear rocks on lost cliff legs
time mirage accents
conviently indivisible
in units of salt
somewhere where light is law
and tunes for dying
evaporate pure reason

3 Comments:

Blogger mark young said...

great poem, kari

3:13 AM  
Blogger redbird said...

The last two lines really locked the poem in my heart. Thanks for all these poems. They are hyper aware and vital.

Love,
Ellen

11:44 AM  
Blogger kari said...

thank you for talking the time... I have finally found some post-colonial theory that helps in my own discouse of being here...

from india..
k

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home